About the role
- Location: US remote
Bolster is growing! We’re hiring a back-end Software Engineer who loves solving problems, has solid programming skills, and is passionate about achieving meaningful business results. You would be working on a small team that is building a new talent platform to help connect on-demand executives with high growth companies. While you don’t need a fancy degree to work here, you do need to embrace learning and continuous improvement, have a strong technical skill set, and favor simple solutions over complex ones. The people we hire are pragmatic, versatile, data-driven, and self-directed.
The ideal candidate:
- Mid-to-Senior API/back-end development experience (5+ years)
- We use Python for our API and Go services connected to DynamoDB and Vue.js for our web applications
- We require strong familiarity with Linux systems
- Has a proven track record of building and launching business focused products
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Comfortable in a fast paced startup environment
- Experienced in creating and maintaining Python APIs, working with single page applications, the data stores that power them, and deploying them into a production environment
- Experience in building and maintaining automated tests
- Has previous experience with a two-sided marketplace is a plus
What you bring to the role:
- Curiosity and a passion for learning
- A desire to iteratively provide customer value while upholding our engineering values
- A desire to work on an Agile/lean team
- A willingness to learn from and mentor your colleagues
- An interest in working with modern technologies such as Vue, Python, Go, AWS, DynamoDB, and Docker
- A strong code review methodology
- Ability to give constructive and critical feedback
Founded via Zoom in April 2020, Bolster helps startups scale their CEOs, CXOs and Boards with an on-demand executive talent marketplace that helps accelerate companies’ growth by connecting them with experienced executives for interim, fractional, advisory, project-based, or board roles. Bolster also provides on-demand executives with software and services to help them manage their careers as independent consultants and provides startup and scaleup CEOs with software, content and programmatic mentoring to help them assess, benchmark, and diversify their leadership teams and boards.
Compensation, Benefits and Equity
- The money part - This is a full-time salaried position and the target compensation range for this role is $130,000-$180,000 depending on the expertise and experience you bring.
- Benefits - We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Equity - Our total package for this role includes stock options.
- Time Off - Take time off when you need it. We offer a flexible/open vacation policy.
- Technology - we offer every employee a stipend for technology so you can get the tech you need to be successful.